Content HubBack to The Hub >
Following last year’s agreement between LSH Auto UK Ltd and the prestigious Daimler AG, LSH become the owners of ten flagship dealerships and two after-sales customer-care locations in the Birmingham and Manchester regions. The new company is part of Lei Shing Hong Limited: a Chinese owned company with five core business activities including the international distribution and sales of premiere motor vehicles. They brought with them a dedicated team of IT specialists with the remit to completely review and update the IT provisions for the business.
Within a relatively short period of time, the specialist IT team identified the printer fleet was a significant area of pain for the dealerships. The existing printers were ageing and multiple branded, with maintenance, costs and reliability issues resulting in an ever growing, but difficult to quantify cost to the business. Concerns highlighted included:
- Long term risk from printer downtime
- Service and call out charges
- Logistical issues of maintaining multiple brands of printers
- Consumable ordering and supply lead time
- Inefficiency due to age of fleet
Having identified the printer fleet as the most critical part of the IT infrastructure requiring immediate attention options for improvement were explored as a matter of urgency. Timescales were tight. Following a comprehensive, competitive tender exercise OfficeXpress was chosen as LHS’s preferred print solution partner. Having made the selection LSH and OfficeXpress only had one month to design and implement the solution.
Attention to detail
Understanding LSH, the dealerships, the business and user requirement needed to be explored in great detail. Any failure to fully comprehend the business need would have been detrimental to the future success of the project. The future proofing of any solution was also of paramount importance.
With close communication between LSH and OfficeXpress, including an audit of current devices and comprehensive analysis of current and future requirements, a cohesive proposal was developed to move forward. Having gained a thorough grasp of LSH’s requirements OfficeXpress utilised their vendor relationships to fully scope the solution.
- A Lexmark state-of-the-art MFP solution was deemed to be the perfect fit for all locations including the dealerships
- Two models were specified – the X952DE and the C860DE. Both models offer incredibly fast colour and mono print production
- These networked MFPs also accommodate any copy and scan requirements for the business
- The Lexmark printers specified enabled trouble free integration with LSH’s Kerridge CRM software solution
- The printers are monitored remotely by the Lexmark Service Centre so printer downtime is kept to a minimum. Indeed most printer related issues can be resolved remotely without the user realising there was even a problem
- Consumables are monitored and ordered without human intervention
- Should an engineer attendance be necessary the costs are covered by the all-inclusive service agreement with OfficeXpress
OfficeXpress managed the whole operation from overseeing the logistics of installing all 26 machines (eventually 28 to date) into the twelve different locations, through to securing the required finance for the lease of the hardware. Over three days the units were commissioned (Pre-Delivery Inspection), delivered and installed including set-up on the network and staff training. OfficeXpress ensured every dead-line was met without fail.
- No more time consuming printer management
- Single brand. Single solution
- No more cumbersome, inefficient consumables ordering
- Maximum printer uptime
- Minimum printer downtime
- Costs are completely transparent, predictable and controlled offering budgetary certainty
Through LSH and OfficeXpress working together, a cost effective, scalable and highly reliable document production system has been introduced into the company. One that can adapt to the changing needs of the business. This will include the future introduction of “Follow me” printing which allows users to utilise any machine to print their work. The convenience and confidentiality of this system removes the need for any expensive desk-top printers. Users are identifiable by “sign on” criteria which logs usage by individual and department. This enables the production of meaningful MI at department and cost centre level.
We regularly produce helpful guides, engaging insights and light-hearted content for you to consume. Drop in your email address below and we'll notify you when we post something new.
OfficeXpress - Open an Account
Open an account with OfficeXpress todayClick here to begin